You might have seen videos with a lot of interesting drawings being drawn on a white canvas. This kind of video is called Whiteboard Animation Video.
When I was a child, I always felt so intrigued when one of my teachers explained Mathematics using simple drawings on the blackboard. Till today, I remember how interesting her class was and how easy she would make the subject through her drawings and the stories associated with them. Whiteboard videos have the same impact on the viewers. They listen to your message, they stay and watch the complete video, they remember the message and most of the times do what you want them to do. Bonus – they like, tweet, share and save those videos!
A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth a thousand pictures!
The concept of a Whiteboard Animation Video
In these kind of videos, a hand with a marker pen draws out engaging images like – a character doing something or a striking plot or some thought-provoking text points. The message is usually conveyed thru the Voice Over which is more significant than the drawings. This doesn’t mean that the drawing would be irrelevant. But definitely the Voice Over and sometimes the text drawn on the Whiteboard has been given more emphasis, so that the viewers remember what is being conveyed to them. It is like attaching a visual memory to a message to make it more memorable or more convincing to take some action. Also, there are certain situations where Voice Overs can be totally skipped and a Whiteboard Video can have a powerful message conveyed through text pointers only. Such kind of no-voice over videos can be spiced up with a kindred background music!
Do you want to see an example? Aww…why not?
So you might think “will this Whiteboard Video work for my business…for real?” Below are 11 reasons why I find a Whiteboard Animation Video is a must for every brand and why it will always works and is tremendously beneficial for your business.
Reasons why a Whiteboard Animation Video is a must for Businesses & Brands
Whiteboard animation videos are appealing and a creative way to market your products and services or present your idea to your investors or train your employees by scribing your product functionality.
1. Whiteboard Animation Videos are Simple and focused
Whiteboard animation videos are very simple, focused to a very specific message. We, at Sisme Studios, design the script and the drawings in such a way that there is one definitive thought per Whiteboard frame and it is very easy for the viewers to grasp and connect to whatever is happening in front of their eyes. As your spruced up message is delivered so simplified, your viewers will watch the complete video letting your voice being heard and your message being consumed.
2. People tend to watch Whiteboard Animation Videos till the end
Stellar images unfold slowly as a Whiteboard video progresses. A good drawing being drawn out on the canvas arises curiosity among the viewers as they are witnessing an engaging process. If the script is efficient and captivating and the Voice Over is powerful, your Whiteboard Video will be highly engaging and the viewers watch it till the end. According to Animoto, most of the viewers prefer to watch a video less than 60 seconds. But due to such a highly engaging nature of Whiteboard Videos, people may not realize that they are watching the Whiteboard animation for more than 2 minutes ..Whoa!
3. Whiteboard Animation Videos are Fun to Watch
As the sketches which are slowly drawn mostly resemble to cartoons or animated characters, it is found that the Whiteboard videos are more fun to watch than general presentations or interview kind of videos. The sketching process and the drawings chosen can convert a monotonous manual into a highly entertaining story told through the video.
4. Whiteboard Animation Videos are Memorable
We do not remember days, we remember the moments.
Whiteboard Videos create such moments in our memory where the viewers start to associate a certain drawing, a thought and finally your brand to their need. Thus, when that need arises, in present or future, the predefined thought comes to their mind and they know where to get that product or service. Once you and your business get into their memory, once they start to remember you on need basis, there will be someday, though not today, that they will surely convert into your customers.
5. Whiteboard Animation Videos can be placed Anywhere
- Embed a Whiteboard Video on your business’s landing page – According to a recent survey, including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80% (Source: Eyeview)
- Put Whiteboard Video on your Product or Services (Portfolio) page – According to recent statistics, almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (Source: ThinkWithGoogle). Thus you can get more customers to your local business if they watch your service video on your site or YouTube.
- Convert your client testimonials into simple success stories using Whiteboard Videos and embed them on your Testimonials Page – Website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a Testimonial Video (Source: Boast)
- Create engaging and convincing case studies portraying your recent project’s lifecycle – explaining the need, the research, the planning, the execution and the delivery – how you handled everything with an extreme care and professionalism.
- Embed a Whiteboard Video on your ‘About‘ page, creatively drawing out your company’s or business’s timeline and associating your team members with a wonderful story. Your viewers will remember you.
- Put a Whiteboard Video on your Support page explaining the process how you handle the Support Queries or embed it on your Contact page.
- Send Whiteboard Video in your Email Newsletter – Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts the open rates by almost 20%, click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26% (Source: Syndacast). Your subscribers will love that they are getting fun and engaging video content through your Newsletters
- And needless to say, if the video is to market your brand, upload it to popular mass video marketing platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and Twitter. Share it with your fans, your customers and with the world!
According to Wistia, people spend on average 2.6 times more time on pages with video than without a video
6. Viewers, fans and customers share interesting Whiteboard Animation Videos
In today’s time, if you have a business, you either have a complete website or you have a landing page. You have email subscribers and you have Facebook fans. You have Twitter followers and you have Google Plus circles. There are people all around you, ready to consume the content that you are offering to them and evangelize your brand if they like the presentation. You want more likes, you want more subscribers, you want more followers so that you can serve them more of your content, you can convert them into your users and customers. As we know a finely created Whiteboard Video is super engaging, very much loved and instantly shareable content. Twitter surveyed and found that Videos are 6 times more likely to be re-tweeted than photos and 3 times more likely re-tweeted than GIFs (Twitter, 2016).
7. People prefer to watch Videos on Mobiles as well
A small and crisp video can contain information that may need hundreds of words to explain in full. Though people tend to read less text on mobiles, this is not the case with videos. Viewers love to watch videos on mobile as the videos are served well on their smartphone and if interesting, people can watch them anytime, anywhere, when they have free or leisure time or in boredom. According to statistics more than 50% of videos are watched on mobile (Ooyala). According to Twitter’s survey in 2016, 93% of Twitter Videos are viewed on Mobile. So if you have a Whiteboard Animation Video representing your business, you can target all kind of mobile visitors too coming from organic search or from social media platforms.
9. Whiteboard Animation Videos have High Conversion Rates
A Whiteboard Animation Video is designed in such a way that it converts your message into a visual story. The purpose of the message is a very specific call to action which is served at the end of the video. The viewers will be so convinced with your powerful message that they will have a clear perspective about what should be their next action after watching the video. You already have told them! This is a proven benefit of a Whiteboard Video that it has a capability to convert your visitors into customers.
According to survey conducted by Aberdeen Group in 2015, companies which use videos in their marketing enjoy 27% higher CTR and 34% higher web conversion rates than those which don’t.
9. Whiteboard Videos are the most Cost Efficient Animation Videos
As the prime animation in case of Whiteboard explainer videos is a hand drawing the images, it requires less effort to create those videos. So the charges to create such kind of videos is also lower as compared to motion graphics or 2D animation explainer videos. Sometimes you can get a 30 second Whiteboard video for $50 to $70. But if you need unique drawings and customized plots, you would need to pay extra, still a lot cheaper than other kind of customized videos. But at the same time, you should take care that in order to get a cheaper video, you are not compromising on the quality.
For businesses having limited marketing budget but still wanting to utilize the power of Videos in their Marketing campaigns, Whiteboard Animation Videos are the excellent and the most cost efficient solution.
10. Whiteboard Animation Videos have the best ROI
The amount of money invested to create a Whiteboard Animation Video is far less, in fact I would say negligible, as compared to the returns you will fetch in terms of money or in terms of search engine and social visibility. A good quality video which can convince the viewer to completely consume your message and follow the call to action can start giving returns in less than a month. If they go viral, well, your imagination is the limit!
Companies which use videos in their marketing grow revenue 49% faster year-on-year than those which don’t
– Aberdeen Group
11. You can get a Whiteboard Animation Video faster than a Motion Graphics Animation Video
As it requires less effort to produce Whiteboard Explainer Video, it can be created quicker than any other forms of animation videos. If a business needs unique animation video in a couple of days, it is still achievable if you go with Whiteboard Videos. Whereas, custom motion graphics and 2D animation videos need a quite more time as compared to whiteboard videos. So, if you can get your Video Sales Letter created quickly, you can be ready with your awesome Whiteboard Animation Video in as minimal as two to three days . In no time you can start your Video Marketing campaign and get heavy conversions.
Videos are dominating the world of digital marketing. The future of mass marketing is Videos. In order to conquer the market and supersede the competition, your business should have videos ready. Whiteboard Videos are one of the best kind of explainer videos which can translate your brand into a memorable story. These kind of videos are seen to have huge conversion rates, a very less ROI and a high engagement factor.Besides they are fun to watch and are shared widely. And the best thing is, getting a Whiteboard Video is quick and affordable too! Do you want a one today?
Get started! Schedule a call with us and we will get back to you within next 24 hours.